Solomontown Boat Ramp
The Solomontown boat ramp will be closed for one week from Monday October 25 as the Port Pirie Regional Council plans to fill a hole in the ramp with concrete.
The boat ramp on the opposite side of the Bridge to Nowhere will still be available to use while the works happen.
The council will also construct a new launching area for the Port Pirie Rowing Club near the Yacht Club pontoon.
These works are anticipated to start mid-November and be finished within a week.
The council will also reline and renew storm water pipes around the town from Monday October 18.
Stormwater assets will be replaced at the following locations:
- The Terrace at the corner of Revell Street
- Alpha Terrace between Main Road and King Street
- Beach Road (near the speed hump next to the toilet block)
Temporary road closures will be in place for one to two days each.
More pipes will be relined at the corner of Norman Street and Ellen Street and the corner of Parks Street and Main Road which will begin on Thursday October 21.
Kerb and water tables
Kerb, water table, cross overs and pram ramps will be installed at the following locations:
- Elizabeth Street (from Cottell Street to Veale Street)
- Manders Street (from Beach Road to Square Street)
- Alpha Terrace (from Main Road to King Street)
- Young Street (from Church Circle to Prince Street)
- Marriett Street (from King Street to Church Circle)
Works will begin on Monday October 18 and should be finished by the end of November or the start of December.
There might be small traffic disruptions during the works and households that will be directly affected will receive a letter with further information prior to construction.