Wests Tigers have told Canberra they are not interested in picking up Curtis Scott as the NRL club wraps their arms around their own shattered centre James Roberts.
The Tigers were approached with Scott as a potential answer for their backline shortage, with the former Melbourne centre on the outer at the Raiders.
Scott has not played in the NRL since being involved in a pub altercation in May, but is available to return from next week after spending a fortnight in Canberra.
Regardless, the Tigers have told the Raiders they are not interested in taking the 23-year-old off their hands for this year or beyond.
"We're approached by a club as many ... in this case in Curtis' management and the situation with the loaning system, people are approaching us," coach Michael Maguire said.
"At the present moment we're not going down that path.
"We're very focused on building our squad and building what we need to build.
"At this present moment we have to keep working with the available players and continue with them."
The Tigers are also unsure when they will reinstate Roberts in their side, depending on how he emerges from quarantine.
He will miss Friday night's clash with the Warriors while still locked up in a Gold Coast hotel, and then round 21 after copping a one-game ban for breaching restrictions.
Roberts found himself in trouble after a photographer captured him walking onto his balcony to hang out a towel, when doors were meant to be taped shut and balcony movement restricted.
Maguire on Thursday hit out at the fact that his movements had been captured , claiming players' mental health had to be put first.
"Years and years ago people used to look after each other to make sure they are okay," Maguire said.
"But this is the world of cameras they go down this path. You have to understand it's the world we are living in.
"It's been pretty well documented through Jimmy's life what he has gone through to this point. It's unfortunate. We are feeling for everyone.
"Mentally I think we have to be aware of people's wellbeing and that is a big part of what the world is going through.
"Not only rugby league players but everyone in general. I would like to think we could look after people from that point of view."
Maguire said the 28-year-old was upset by the situation, with his training limited while in quarantine.
"He was shattered to think this was a topic," Maguire said.
"He has been working hard in the background to make sure he is getting himself right for the footy.
"He has done a lot of work in a mental space to make sure he is right to go.
"He is really disappointed the fact this happened and understands he just has to work through it now."
Australian Associated Press