South Australia recorded no new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, November 30

SA Health deputy chief public health officer, Dr Emily Kirkpatrick addressed the public on Monday.
SA Health deputy chief public health officer, Dr Emily Kirkpatrick addressed the public on Monday.

South Australia recorded no new cases of COVID-19 on Monday which brings a total of 33 cases linked to the Parafield cluster.

According to SA Health deputy chief public health officer, Dr Emily Kirkpatrick, currently there are 1300 close contacts connected with the cluster who remain in quarantine.

At the height of the cluster outbreak announced in mid-November, about 4800 people were in isolation.

RELATED STORIES:

However, a new case recorded at the weekend in the state has sparked community concerns about testing measures put in place by health authorities after it was revealed a man had attended several shops in Adelaide before testing positive for coronavirus.

It is understood the person had undergone tests for COVID-19 on days one and day 12 with a test producing positive on day 12.

"This person has done the right thing on day one and 12, we are not about blaming individuals," Dr Kirkpatrick said on Monday.

Adding that the person "didn't breach quarantine".

She explained how the person was advised to undertake testing on the days and to isolate, and if he produced symptoms to go and get tested.

As a result, she, with SA Health, continues to urge people to quarantine and get tested if they were at any of the sites the person had visited while contagious on November 22.

"Even the mildest of symptoms," she said.

New locations:

  • Big W Brickworks, Torrensville - Sunday, November 12.15pm-12.50pm
  • Foodland Norwood, Norwood - Sunday, November 22, 1.20pm-2pm
  • Kmart, Kurralta Park - Sunday, November 22, 2.45pm - 3.10pm

Furthermore, anyone who visited the below locations during the listed times should monitor for symptoms and get tested immediately if symptoms appear.

  • On The Run, Hilton - Sunday, November 22, 12.05pm - 12.15 pm
  • Anaconda, Mile End - Sunday, November 22 12.55 pm-1.05pm
  • Guzman y Gomez, Glandore - Sunday, November 22, 2.45pm -2.50pm
  • Glenelg Boost Juice Shop, Glenelg - Sunday, November 22, 3.20pm-3.30pm

Dr Emily Kirkpatrick reiterated comments made last week by SA Health chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier to mask up.

In response, Dr Kirkpatrick said that mandatory surgical masks in health care facilities come into effect at midnight 12.01am Tuesday to protect our vulnerable people in the community.

Meanwhile, Monday's public announcement was made from the family owned SA business Detmold Group which since April has responded to a shortage of masks brought on by the pandemic.

Premier Steven Marshall shared how a contract between the state government and Detmold has been secured to produce 145 million masks

"What we can tell you is that Detmold has now produced 70 million masks in South Australia," he shared.

"Over the last two weeks they produced 2 million masks, more than their contract for us, to be using in South Australia during this particular difficult time around the Parafield cluster."

The work has gone onto to create 300 new jobs in the state to produce masks sold around the country

For further information please call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787 between the hours of 9am to 5pm 7 days per week or go to the SA Health website at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au or www.sa.gov.au/covid-19.

SA-Vic border lift on track

South Australia Police are reminding people travelling from Victoria to South Australia before midnight tonight that they still need to comply with the Cross Border Travel Direction.

This means unless you are an Essential Traveller, you cannot enter South Australia from Victoria.

SA Police Commission Grant Stevens on Monday said there are no late changes to the travel restrictions and are "still on track".

From midnight, all people travelling from Victoria can complete a Cross Border Travel Application, which will grant entry into South Australia.

He said it should be noted that the new application process will not be available until midnight, "so you should not commence travel until you have completed the application".

The application form will be available on the SA Police website.

"South Australia Police will still have a presence on the Victorian border to ensure all people entering the state have filled in the application form. This will ensure we have a record of those people entering the state, so if there is another outbreak, they can be contacted."

For more information about other restrictions, go to covid-19.sa.gov.au/ or call the COVID Information Line 1800 253 787.

This story Confusion remains over testing, no new COVID-19 cases in SA first appeared on The Murray Valley Standard.