Port Pirie Regional Council is calling on residents to have their say on the review of it's Community Plan 2016-2025.
While the plan outlines council's priorities and objectives for the next 10 years, council is considering a five year view instead of the traditional 10 year plan due to the uncertain financial period created by COVID-19.
In addition, council's three-year Business Plan is available for public consultation. This gives the community an opportunity to view and comment on council's short and long term visions.
A revised draft of the Community Plan was created following workshops with elected members, input from council's executive management team and a community survey conducted earlier this year.
Council said the community provided great feedback through the survey and it is clear that community wellbeing, footpaths, unsealed roads, tree maintenance and the overall appearance of towns, playgrounds and the Port Pirie riverfront are key focus areas.
The Community Plan can be viewed online at www.pirie.sa.gov.au/noticeboard/consultation or in person at the following council offices:
- Council Administration Centre, 115 Ellen Street, Port Pirie
- Port Pirie Library, 3 Wandearah Road, Port Pirie
- Crystal Brook Office, Bowman Street, Crystal Brook
Feedback can be submitted by:
- Post - Address to PO Box 45, Port Pirie SA 5540
- In Person - Drop your written feedback in to one of the above council offices
- Email - Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultation on council's draft revised Community Plan 2016-2025 closes at 5.00pm on Friday, November 20.