Man arrested for assault

A man has been arrested following a serious assault in Risdon Park South.

About 2.45pm on June 26, police were called to Barry Street following reports of a disturbance.

When patrols arrived they found a man with a cut hand.

The suspect was located by police a short distance away and he was then arrested and taken into custody.

Both men were taken to the Port Pirie Hospital by ambulance for medical treatment. Neither sustained life threatening injuries.

Police wish to reassure residents that this was not a random incident and both parties are known to each other. The investigation is ongoing.

Meanwhile, two drivers have lost their licences after being pulled over for mobile driver testing at Whyte Yarcowie and Port Pirie.

About 12.30am on June 27, patrols stopped a vehicle on Whyte Road, Whyte Yarcowie.

The driver, a 28-year-old Jamestown man, recorded a blood alcohol reading of 0.116. He was reported for drink-driving and issued with an immediate six-month loss of licence.

About 3.15am on Saturday, police stopped a vehicle on Esmond Street, Port Pirie.

The driver returned a positive breath test and was taken to the Port Pirie Police Station for further breath analysis.

It is alleged he failed to comply with direction to submit a breath analysis test at the station.

He was reported for the offence and issued with an immediate 12-month loss of licence.

Both men will appear in the Port Pirie Magistrates Court at a later date.

In other news, a man has had his licence disqualified after he was caught speeding at Oodla Wirra.

Shortly after 5pm on June 27, police allege they were conducting speed detection duties on the Barrier Highway, when they detected a vehicle travelling at 205 kmh in a 110 kmh zone.

The 55-year-old Queensland man was issued a $1718 fine for exceeding the speed limit, and a six-month immediate loss of licence.

It is alleged his license suspension started 24 hours from the time he was caught speeding, to enable him to finish his journey to Adelaide.

However, police allege the driver did not follow warnings as he was caught driving at 92 kmh in an 80 kmh zone a few hours later in the northern suburbs and was issued another speeding fine.