The Smelter’s Picnic is assured of going ahead this year.
Organisers said the picnic would be held regardless of the fate of the struggling BH Club which is in talks about moving to the golf course.
The community club has traditionally supported the long-running picnic at Port Pirie and previously at Crystal Brook.
Club management committee chairman Brenton Clarke said the event may be slightly different from previous years because of difficulties in arranging power supply for the sideshows.
This has arisen because the sideshows will be unable to be located in Memorial Oval as a a result of the construction of the sport hub there.
There are difficulties with ensuring alternate power supply for a carnival site at the western end of Memorial Drive. Club board member and acting picnic co-ordinator Ray Walters said organisers had discussed the situation with SA Power Networks.
He confirmed the picnic would go ahead on September 27 regardless of the fate of the club.
If the relocation talks collapse, the club could face closure at its existing site in Alexander Street because of financial problems.
Officials plan to meet the Port Pirie Regional Council to discuss the picnic on Friday, April 28.
The event will still be in Memorial Park, according to organisers.
The Port Pirie Golf Club and BH Club are again working together towards a “country club” proposal and gaming license transfer, but there are still murmurs of discontent.
The clubs and Port Pirie Regional Council came together last month to resign the deed of surrender in a gesture of reconciliation between the parties, but there are still murmurs of discontent.