Port Pirie is changing and transforming, but the beloved tradition of the Smelters Picnic continues.
The Smelters Picnic will continue amid the progress of the Port Pirie Regional Sports Precinct construction.
Memorial Oval, the former home of rides and sideshows, will be unavailable due to the Sports Precinct works but this will not stop this iconic event from going ahead.
Rides, sideshows and displays will fill Memorial Park with colour, fun and laughter.
There will be 80 stalls showcasing a variety of products and information both in the Park and lining Memorial Drive.
The Picnic will have everything patrons have come to love and expect, from food stalls, rides and sideshows to the baby competition and picnic quests. There will be plenty of children’s activities available.
Port Pirie Regional Council will have a display at the Picnic which will feature the following:
- Colouring in and storytime for children courtesy of the Port Pirie Regional Library
- Updates on the Port Pirie Regional Sports Precinct
- Consultation for a footpath strategy
- Registration point for a CBD scavenger hunt (to be held in conjunction with the CBD street party in October)
- STARCLUB information for sporting clubs and organisations
- Information and registration point for the Take The Pledge recycling campaign
- Council works and projects information
- Tourism information
Applications submitted last year as previously provided have been declared void.
Anyone with queries are encouraged to contact the BH Community Club Management Committee on 8632 2594 or 0447 868 296.